Accidental death is the leading cause of all childhood fatalities in the United States. Here are the most common causes of deaths and serious injuries for children.
- Approximately 1,800 deaths per year
- Approximately 220,000 injuries per year
- Approximately 1,000 deaths per year
- Between 4,000 and 5,000 drowning’s each year
- Approximately 900 Deaths per year
- Around 18,000 hospital treated injuries
- Approximately 600 to 800 deaths per year
- Between 40,000 and 50,000 serious injuries each year
- Between 500 and 600 deaths per year
- Approximately 100,000 emergency room treated burns each year
- Around 150 deaths each year
- Around 280,000 Hospital treated emergencies
- Around 100 children die each year
- Around 115,000 hospital visits
- More than a million calls to poison control every year for accidental child poisoning.
- Around 100 deaths each year
- More than 2.3 million hospital treated visit s for falls each year
- Around 150 deaths each year.
- Several thousand emergency room visits for accidental shootings
- 8,300 emergency room visits for air gun injuries
- Such as playground injuries, sports injuries, toy related injuries, and other causes
- Around 500-600 deaths per year.
- Several million injuries