When a child is struggling with psychological or behavioral issues, parents, teachers, and even professionals can be left in a state of confusion, unsure of what the best course of action should be. This book can help shed some light on the issue.
For parents, it serves as a handy reference for all you need to know about the field of child mental health. You’ll learn more about the different diagnoses and what they mean, as well as what experts are basing their decision on when they make a diagnosis. We’ll help you understand the different theories and approaches for each condition, so that you can become a better advocate for your child.
Teachers will get a handy, easy-to-read reference outlining all the different childhood conditions, so that they can become more knowledgeable about the issues affecting kids in their class. It’s information that will come in handy when working with difficult children or conducting parent-teacher conferences.
For professionals, this book can serve as a supplement to the DSM; an alternate perspective that includes some of the contrarian evidence that the American Psychiatric Association doesn’t include in their work. It will help you not only better understand the different disorders, but also gain a better grasp of how the diagnostic and treatment processes go wrong, so that you can avoid these pitfalls yourself.
This book provides general information on child mental health, including:
- An overview of the number of kids struggling with mental health problems
- The process of diagnosis and how to avoid diagnostic errors
- What causes mental health problems
- Physical and medical conditions that can lead to behavioral issues
- A guide to different types of psychotherapy & how to choose a therapist
- + much more.
This book also provides an overview of some of the more common childhood conditions and diagnoses:
- Anxiety disorders
- Attachment disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Callous & unemotional traits
- Conduct disorder
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Schizophrenia in children
You get it all in one eco-friendly e-book for just $4.99. Better yet, all proceeds from your purchase go to help children in need!
Get your copy of our Child Mental Health Handbook today. (Coming soon)