Your baby’s first year of life is a period of profound development. They start off as a delicate, helpless creature incapable of lifting their own head, only to quickly grow into an energetic toddler who is just beginning to take their first tentative steps into the world. With the exception of the nine months of pregnancy, more growth and development takes place at this time than any other stage of life.
Experience will begin to lay down patterns in your baby’s brain that shape the template of what’s to come. Your baby’s attachment style, temperament disposition, dietary habits, personality — all oft these things and more are beginning to take shape. So let’s make sure your baby gets off to the best start possible. The information herein will help you better understand various aspects of infant development.
Information on Infant Development
- Infant growth and physical development
- Weight gain among infants
- Motor development and large motor skills among infants
- Eyesight and vision development in babies
- Infant thinking and cognitive development
- Language development in babies
- Social development of infants
See also …
- Dental care for infants and toddlers (this link takes you to our health and medical area)
- Infant sleep patterns (this link takes you to our sleep area)