Violence is an unfortunate fact in our society, and something many kids are forced to contend with all too soon. Some children experience violence in their home. Other kids are exposed to violence in their community. Still others may not be directly exposed to violence, but they are affected by what they hear or see on T.V.
Information on how to help kids cope with violence
The following pages provide information and resources on how to help kids cope with violence.
- Children Who Witness Violence; Kids Exposed to Violence
- Talking to Children About Violence
- Explaining Violence to Children
- Talking to Kids About School Shootings & Acts of Violence
- Helping Kids Cope With Violence
- How Children Cope With Violence
- The Effects of Violence on Children
- How Kids React to Violence