Sexual abuse is the most widely published form of child abuse, but also by far the most widely miss-understood. I don’t know of any other subject that is filled with more myths, misinformation, and blatant falsehoods than the topic of child molestation.
In order to adequately help children and protect them from abuse, (and to ensure we aren’t harming them ourselves through catastrophic responses to the allegation), the public first needs to have an accurate understanding of the problem. The information in this area will give you that, covering all aspects of childhood sexual abuse, from what it is and how it happens, to how to help someone recover from sexual abuse.
Information on Childhood Sexual Abuse
The following pages cover general information on child molestation.
- Understanding sexual abuse and child molestation
- Myths and facts about sexual abuse
- Sexual Abuse Statistics
- How sexual abuse harms children
Sexual Abuse Prevention & Protecting Your Child
Select from the following topics related to spotting sexual abuse and sexual abuse prevention:
- Signs and symptoms of sexual abuse: how to tell if a child has been molested.
- Protecting the child from sexual abuse
- Raising sexually healthy children
Books for Kids on Sexual Abuse Prevention
The following books are designed to make protecting your child as easy as reading a story. Each one tackles an important concept in sexual abuse prevention that will make your child a much tougher target.
- All About Touches A printable PDF Book
- Do You Feel My Pain A printable PDF book
- I Just Said No! A printable PDF
- I Say Yes A printable PDF
- I’m Not Ashamed of Me (coming soon)
- Kids Don’t (coming soon)
- Love Is A printable PDF
- My Body Book A printable PDF
- My Book of Rights A printable PDF
- Never To Be Broken Rules A printable PDF
- The Little Person Inside Me A printable PDF
- What A Dad’s For (coming soon)
- Who Would Give You Bad Touches A printable PDF
- Tell Me LIttle Bear A printable PDF
- Tell Your Mom & Dad A printable PDF
- If Someone Were To Say To You A printable PDF
Resources for Kids
Abuse prevention coloring sheets
A Little Voice Inside Me